Within the framework of a project in the connected car sector. You will be in charge of collaborating in the development of the new connectors which will be connected to data centers vehicles.
The key points of the Product desing engineer role are:
- Develop documentation of the project scope, requirements, feasibility, & engineering workplan.
- Work directly with product engineering & the customer to capture needs and translate into signal integrity, electrical and mechanical design requirements for product engineers.
- Support concept development by providing direction/options (through design standard generation) to enable product engineering to meet performance requirements. Develops & communicate mitigation plan for areas of risk.
- Plan and leads DFMEA (Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis) and virtual/theorical studies. Leads prediction tool correlation efforts and understands the associated physics (ex : Ansys HFSS, CST Microwave and Mentor Graphics, etc).
- Create design standards that supported by physics and validation (recipe to design for high speed interconnect). Prepares and followz engineering change requests (ECR) per document control procedures.
- Develop test plans (DVP&Rs) to validate design standard and analyse test results using statistical methods (DOEs, Hypothesis testing, capability studies).
- Develop standard test methods to detect failure modes associated with high speed performance (through utilization of internal fixturing & equipment experts). Provides PCD design input to PCB manufacturer.
- You have strong analytics skills for high speed interconnect with depth of knowledge in insertion loss, return loss, impedance, skew, propagation delay, crosstalk, S-Parameters, EMI, & engineering processes/tools.
- Master’s degree in Engineering
- Previous experience (at least 3 years) in signal/power integrity design
- You have the ability to learn relevant simulation tools within 6 months time.
- You have lead technical reviews with internal and external customers using effective verbal and written communication skills
- You speak fluent english and German (mandatory)
- You have telecommunication skills (signal integrity) product-oriented with strong interpersonal skills.
Location : Based in IDF (south of Paris) with frequent travels in Germany.
If you are looking for the dynamism of a growing group, the requirements associated with the job of consultant, the excitement of beautiful industrial projects and above all a human adventure, then become a PIMAN CONSULANT!